Sr. CSER Director
JOB DESCRIPTION INFORMATION
Serve as the CSER/Sustainability Regional Lead for the Zhuhai Campus and drive/support deployment and execution of Flextronics CSER Management System and requirements.
This position requires a senior level professional that has the experiences and skills to effectively lead/manage the CSER/EHS programs across the full campus and effectively deliver required results.
The CSER regional lead for the Zhuhai campus has several major roles.
- One is to proactively participate with our global CSER team to develop processes and management systems to ensure full site level compliance to ALL regulations/legal as well as fulfill our customer’s requirements.
- The second is to ensure that the site has the proper cross functional structure/team in place and ensures that there is an ongoing management process that includes regular meetings.
- The third major role is to lead the deployment of these processes and management systems into the Zhuhai campus. Included in this assignment is the requirement to effectively track and report deployment progress, identify any potential gap areas and ensure effective closure of these gaps to ultimately achieve Flextronics Pledge 2.0 certification.
- The fourth part is to ensure Zhuhai has a sustaining management system that continuously monitors, tracks and reports KPI’s through the corporate CSER channels
PRINCIPLE ACCOUNTABILITIES / DUTIES:
- Working in collaboration with our corporate CSER team to first understand the global sustainability events that are driving change in our business and enable the successful implementation throughout the campus of required actions.
- Facilitate site level activity to identify local CSER laws/events and communicate them on a regular basis to the Corporate RMI function for review, analysis and recommendations for action.
- Ensure site is fully conforming to all of these CSER requirements in a timely fashion.
- Ensure site management establishes and appropriately resources Site CSER Compliance team to coordinate and oversee implementation of Flextronics and site-specific CSER requirements and programs
- Drive/support regional sites in establishing and maintaining management systems that aligns with and fulfills Flextronics Pledge requirements and sustains Flextronics qualification for ISO 14001 certification as well as other management system requirements.
- Lead the EH&S teams on the Zhuhai campuses, providing the direction and guidance required to develop the competency and effectiveness of the teams.
- Identify EH&S and CSER key talents, set clear expectations and provide feedback and opportunities for project leadership.
- Use internal influence to spread a culture of workplace safety and environmental compliance.
- Work closely with Operations leadership to integrate CSER more fully into their activities and messaging.
- As time permits, assume a leadership and mentoring role for the EH&S teams at other Southern China facilities.
- Ensues that site clearly understands any corporate standards and effectives drives compliance throughout the site (ie, EHS Policy and standards and annual companywide CSER objectives).
- Serve as the prime point of contact (POC) for any customer or customer facing inquiries/escalations and provides effective communication on progress, issues, concerns, etc.
- Drive and support site level tracking and timely reporting of applicable Flextronics global CSER metrics and progress against corporate/site objectives.
- Participate in corporate reviews and audits/certifications of Zhuhai site CSER operational readiness and performance against Flextronics Pledge 2.0 and legal requirements
Participate as a member of the Corporate Sustainability Leadership Team and contribute to the establishment of annual CSER objectives and other initiatives
REQUIRED Basic Qualifications (must have skills):
· Minimum of 10 years proven experience and track record successfully leading/managing a site-specific or regional social and environmental/Sustainability program in Asia.
· 10+ years' experience leading EH&S teams, preferably for a multi-national manufacturing company; Must be familiar with Corporate Social Responsibility issues related to manufacturing, distribution and office environments; Knowledge and/or experience with EH&S Systems Management, ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001, Root Cause Analysis, Process Safety, Incident/Near Miss Investigation, Risk Management, Crisis Management, Emergency Response Planning, Environmental Management, Sustainability.
· Working knowledge of electronics manufacturing operations; and of Asia and country-specific social and environmental regulations impacting product design, manufacturing operations and logistics/repair centers
· Solid experience with establishing and implementing a CSER Management System.
· Strong ability to examine CSER issues through a business lens and to articulate the business case for CSER initiatives and programs
· Ability to quickly establish personal credibility and to interface effectively with site personnel, senior management (site and corporate), customers and other stakeholders on CSER related issues and programs
· Excellent leadership and team building/mentoring/coaching skills and comfort working in a cross-functional/matrix organization
· Ability to drive for results through intense collaboration while maintaining strong and cooperative personal relationships
· Strong personal ethics and commitment to contribute to the advancement of Flextronics CSER/Sustainability programs and the success of Flextronics business.
· Bilingual (Chinese + English) required.
Education or Training:
· BS/BA degree required, with an Occupational Safety & Health, Environmental Engineering, Engineering or technical discipline preferred. Advanced degree also preferred; safety and industrial hygiene certifications a plus.