- Covers toggle wall switches and combines with a padlock (sold separately) to help protect against switch operation during maintenance and repair
- Installs over switch plate using existing screws
- Hinged cover can be left open when not in use to allow normal switch operation
- Window in cover shows whether switch is on or off
- Red polypropylene for high visibility and tensile strength
Shipping Weight: 0.15 pounds
Package Size: 4.8 x 4.6 x 1.6 inches
The North Safety ES01 E-Safe electrical switch lockout covers toggle wall switches and combines with a padlock (sold separately) to help protect against switch operation during maintenance and repair. This lockout installs over the switch plate, using the existing screws. once installed, the hinged cover can be left open when not in use to allow normal switch operation. This lockout is made from red polypropylene for high visibility and tensile strength, and the cover has a window to show whether the switch is on or off. The lockout accommodates padlock shackles of up to 1/4" outside diameter, and measures 3 x 1.625 inches/76 x 42 mm (H x W). (H is height, the vertical distance from lowest to highest point; W is width, the horizontal distance from left to right.) This device is part of a lockout/tagout (LOTO) safety procedure required at facilities wher electrical switches need to be isolated during maintenance and repair.
Lockout/tagout (LOTO) safety procedures require that lockout devices meet Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) 1910.147(c)(5) standards for quality assurance. Lockout/tagout (LOTO) devices use color, warning labels or tags, and sometimes a physical barrier to help prevent machine operation or power activation during maintenance and repair.
North by Honeywell manufactures safety and personal protective equipment products. The company, founded in 1973, is headquartered in Cranston, RI.