This position will be based in Panyu, and may need to travel within China and Vietnam.
1. Job Scope
Schedule, Conduct ESC audits and follow up on remediation in Deckers supply chain; assist on ESC training and projects as required; manage ESC files; provide technical support on Environmental, health and safety solutions.
2. Organization context of role
This role reports directly into ESC manager.
3. Essential duties and responsibilities
· Audit and develop action plans for suppliers, to ensure compliance with the ESC guideline. Similarly, supervise the independent monitoring process in partner suppliers within designated country or countries.
· Assist ESC manager on providing technical support of environmental health and safety solutions on ESC remediation in specific factories.
· Assist business partners’ remediation by advising on options, negotiating timeframes, sharing experiences and best practices and helping management locate the necessary expertise, materials, etc.
· Ensure all relevant Sourcing staffs and department heads are fully briefed in the ESC guideline principles and methods of implementation.
· Keep updated on all labor and HSE legislation within the designated country or countries and report any updates to ESC manager.
· As necessary, Work with third party and keep regular follow-up on related independent external audits reports in selected suppliers.
· Carry out special projects, as designated by ESC manager, which utilize areas of technical expertise.
4. Minimum Qualifications
l University Degree in Environmental/ health and safety Engineering, Human Resource Management, Law or related Fields.
l At least 3 years of progressive experience in manufacturing industry with at least 2 years in the area of occupational health & safety, environment or labour.
5. Minimum Competencies
l Fluent written and spoken English.
l Knowledge of local language and dialects in country of operation.
l Presentation Skills - Effectiveness in a variety of formal presentations, one-on-one,
small and large groups, with peers, direct reports and senior management;
l Good communication skills
l Good computer operation ( outlook, microsoft office etc.)
l Familiar with industry trends and standards in occupational health, safety and environment and employement.
l Organized, detail oriented, team spirit
Deckers Outdoor Corporation, with corporate offices in Goleta, CA, remains close to its origins. It is there, as a University of California, Santa Barbara student, that founder Doug Otto began producing sandals in 1973. Since then, Deckers has grown into a leading global company with locations on three continents and six footwear brands - Ahnu®, Mozo®, Simple®, Teva®, Tsubo,® and UGG® Australia.